Backpack made from Recycled Plastic Bottles by Onya
Use a great looking backpack that has its origins in single-use plastic drink bottles!
Colourful and attractive with unique designs, Onya Backpacks are made from rPET (Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate) material, which is what you get when you recycle old plastic water bottles into fibre. In fact, each backpack is made from up to 10 plastic bottles!
Strong, durable, and lightweight, Onya's backpack stuffs down into a keyring sized pouch when not in use.
- Comfortable, easily adjustable shoulder straps
- Practical handle
- Simple zip up closure
- Mobile/iPod/Radio innovatively stows inside pouch when bag is in use
- Direct headphone porthole
- Ultimate lightweight (90g)
- Useful front pocket
- Measures 12cm deep x 28cm across x 42cm high/4.7in deep x 11in across x 16.5 high
- Holds up to 4kg/8.8lb
- Made from up to 10 plastic bottles
Onya was founded in 2004 to find creative solutions to help the planet. Onya's founding father, Jon Brousson, found himself confronted by out of control plastic waste with disposable shopping bags being a major contributor. With a little ingenuity and few sewing skills, Jon created Onya’s first reusable shopping bag.
He proudly used his shopping bag at every opportunity – at the supermarket, farmers market or just shopping for anything that would require a bag, and pretty soon people were asking him to create one for them too.